Manager Internal Audit
The Internal Audit Manager is critical to the performance and continued success of Corporate Audit Services. Reporting to a member of the Audit Leadership team, the Audit Manager will provide leadership and direction to research a wide variety of business scenarios, perform root cause analysis, and create the compelling case for change to improve operational processes and deliver business value. This position is also responsible for leading audits of the Company's domestic and international operations, subsidiaries, partnerships, licensees and vendors. Assignments are balanced between compliance audits and operational assessments.
The Audit department is known as a pipeline for internal talent, developing future leaders by creating opportunities to learn and grow. Our structured talent model prepares individuals for promotional or rotational leadership roles in the company. Team members work directly with diverse teams throughout the organization and are given exposure to senior leadership, providing ongoing opportunities to expand their professional network.
Span of Control: Talent leadership is a core activity. The Internal Audit Manager typically leads teams of 3-6 people, composed of staff, rotational program participants, guest auditors, and co-source partners. The Internal Audit Manager is expected to delegate tasks, train personnel, coach and evaluate performance, and provide candid feedback to every auditor on each engagement.
- Be accountable for outcomes, delivering quality audit and project work with high standards of performance.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by asking insightful questions, providing solutions-oriented perspective, and communicating thoughts effectively.
- Display a thirst for learning and a positive attitude in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and high energy through process excellence, teamwork and positivity.
- Adhere to well-defined audit protocols including, scoping and sample selection methodology, documentation and reporting standards.
- Provide value added business consulting and analytical support utilizing Business Information (BI) tools and techniques.
- Influence and manage stakeholder’s expectations while maintaining independent view.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff to ensure high quality audit and project work that meets established objectives is delivered on time
- Develop talent through appropriate coaching, delegation and feedback
- Demonstrate knowledge of business and internal control standards, policies and procedures, and otherlaws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired (finance, accounting or related business area)
- 6+ years prior business, operations, accounting or audit (preferred) work experience
- A combination of some public accounting and corporate experience, leading teams and/or large projects, is ideal
- CPA, CIA, or CMA preferred, but not required
- Masters Degree or MBA preferred, but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Solid understanding of internal controls is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills are necessary
- Proven ability to coach and deliver results working through others
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 25% (both domestic and international) required
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
Relocation is available for the selected candidate.