The Internal Audit Manager primary mission is to provide Sonus’ executive management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Managers with assurance as to the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control throughout the company. In this regard, the Internal Audit Manager will inform them as to the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financialreporting, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The Internal Audit Manager will monitor the organization’s internal auditing programs and controls, covering the areas of: business systems and processes, financial and accounting systems, IT, entity level, and business risk assessments amending as needed to maintain a superior and secure control environment.
- In collaboration with senior management and the audit committees, develop a comprehensive and flexible Audit Plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology. Where appropriate, corporate risks and priorities should be reviewed, validated, and provided to the Audit Committees for review and concurrence.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive audit program for evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s system of internal control and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Implement the Audit Plan, including, as appropriate, any special tasks or projects requested by management or the Audit Committee.
- Prepare periodic reports to management and, as appropriate, to the Audit Committees providing information on the status and results of the Audit Plan, summarizing results of audit activities and findings of significance.
- Have the ability to identify root causes of business related problems and effectively discuss issues and solutions with senior management.
- Responsible for the timely, accurate completion of all audit work consistent with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, with professional standards of conduct of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Execute and supervise ongoing audits, identifying critical control issues, and recommending corrective actions.
- Prepare professional, well-written auditreports, with recommendations, appraisals, or analyses that will assist the area’s manager and senior management with proper feedback that adds value over his or her responsibilities.
- Provide day-to-day oversight and execution of the Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance program and responsible for reporting detailed findings to the Audit Committee and senior management
- Directly supervise the work of the Staff Auditor as it relates to assigned audit tasks in accordance with professional standards.
- Directly supervise and coach the Staff Auditor, ensuring assignments are adequately planned in advance and performed in accordance within Internal Audit’s standards.
- Assess the adequacy of management’s plans for addressing and correcting audit findings and issues. Provide monitoring, reporting, and review of the status of outstanding audit findings from internal and external audit, senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Provide assistance and guidance to external auditors to ensure a timely, efficient completion of their audit/examination. This includes ensuring maximum reliance on internal audit work and the execution of substantive procedures on behalf of our external auditors.
- Develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with staff and management. Build partnerships within audited areas. The SIAM is responsible for ensuring timely and adequate two-way communication before, during and after each review to e\nsure mutual understanding of audit scope, process and results, to eliminate “surprises”, address client concerns and add value throughout the audit.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Professional designation CPArequired
- 5+ years progressive auditexperience in a public accounting firm and/or internal audit department
- Management experience is a plus
- Strong team player; Diplomacy; Problem analysis/structuring
- Effective interpersonal skills, which allow candidate to relate well to all levels of management.
- Highly self-motivated individual who will provide leadership and guidance to staff.
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills.
- Job Tracking ID: 512052-568446