The Manager, Internal Audit and Risk position is based in our Toronto office within our rapidly growing Canadian risk assurance practice. The main responsibilities for the position include developing deep client internal audit relationships; planning, executing and overseeing internal audit and otherrisk and compliance related engagements. Equally important, this position requires the development, coaching and mentoring of junior internal audit staff, while supporting the Director and Partner team in key practice and business development initiatives. This position will provide exposure to our Global risk assurance, internal audit and industry network, and require you to develop strong cross line of service and inter-territory relationships.
- Minimum 6years of experience in internal auditing and regulatory compliance in the mining and/or utilities industries;
- Deep experience in all aspects and phases of the internal audit life cycle (strategic/annual planning, stakeholder relationship management, audit planning and execution, reporting and performance management);
- Deep experience in designing and executing NI 52-109 and SOX compliance programs;
- Strong working knowledge of the application of data analytics through the internal audit delivery cycle;
- Foundational understanding of ERP environments and controls (from an overall IA perspective);
- Strong commitment to providing excellence in client service and a demonstrated ability to produce and review high quality deliverables (plans, analytics, test programs, reports, proposals, presentations);
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage and develop key client and team/staff relationships;
- Proven track record in owning deliverables, being a self-starter and delivering quality in everything you do;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to work with empathy, embrace diversity and put yourself in other people’s shoes;
- Strong technical internal controls auditing and advisory skills (fundamentals of a value-focused internal audit program, documenting processes and controls, developing and executing testing programs, assessing control design and operating effectiveness, providing value-added insights and recommendations);
- Extensive experience in conducting risk assessments, facilitating risk workshops and analyzing/prioritizing risks and controls;
- Ability and willingness to travel.