The primary mission of the Internal Audit Manager is to integrate audit services to provide JDA Software Group, Inc. executive management, including the Internal Assurance Director, and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors with assurance as to the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control throughout the company. In this regard, the Internal Audit Manager will inform them as to the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations via concise, effective audit reports and other ad hoc communications.
The Internal Assurance department is part of the overall control/risk management environment established by executive management and the Board of Directors, which resulted in the creation of the Director, Internal Assurance to whom this position reports. The Internal Audit Manager will help ensure that business managers fulfill their responsibilities for managing risk while making certain the objectives of the organization are accomplished and the directives of management are carried out.
To achieve these objectives, Internal Audit Manager will provide strategic direction and leadership in the areas of Internal Auditing and Enterprise Risk Management throughout the corporation. Specifically, the Internal Audit Manager will manage internal audit assignments throughout the company, utilizing staff from consulting firms, internal staff, as well as performing audits in a single contributor role. The IA Manager should make recommendations that add value ensuring maximum payback to the entity or process under review.
- Assist the Director - Internal Assurance in preparing the annual audit plan.
- Perform advanced, specialized and/or managerial auditing work in multiple disciplines. Responsible for managing complex audits; performing critical project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing and reporting of the work of audit teams; and providing expertise in auditing standards and performance criteria, audit requirements, and information technology skills.
- Undertake comprehensive planning and risk assessments relating to each assignment to ensure that the engagement identifies potential business risks.
- Ensure that detailed audit work is effectively focused on areas assessed as high risk, thus ensuring maximum payback from the assignment.
- Ensure that recommendations are clearly presented to and agreed to by management and that a subsequent audit report is issued promptly.
- Ensure that all agreed recommendations are subsequently implemented.
- The position holder is likely to be called upon to be a team member or team leader on various special projects requiring analytical and risk assessment skills.
- Stay abreast of best practices both internally and externally and provide conduit for introducing those practices to the company.
- Be a role model for the company's values and demonstrate the highest ethical standards.
- Ensure that the Internal Assurance intranet web site delivers value-added materials to the organization.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in finance or accounting. CPA/CIA required
- Minimum five years’ experience in accounting or auditing, including supervisory experience.
- Big 4 audit/accounting experience
- Exposure to IT audit concepts
- Project management experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills- ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action.