Mc Lean, VA
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 75 days ago
As an Audit Manager for the Finance and Multifamily (FAM) audit team an individual will lead multiple audit projects simultaneously, including audits, follow ups, and pre-implementation reviews. The FAM team audits a variety of areas including: end-to-end processes for Multifamily division, financialreporting and valuation of complex financial instruments across business segments, regulatory and economic capital, and framework for measuring corporate profitability. This individual will be primarily focused on auditing financialreporting, accounting and other processes owned by the Finance divisions.
* Setting direction for audit projects and motivate the audit team
* Actively seeking to build trusted relationships with clients
* Maintaining current business knowledge in specific areas and
* Improving processed to drive efficiency and effectiveness
* Coaching and mentoring junior level staff.
* Typically has 8 to 10 years of experience, including 5 to 7+ years of previous experience in public accounting, risk management or internal audit; other relevant experience may be considered
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
* Solid understanding of the financial services industry, including financial reporting and accounting
* Experience auditing financial institutions with a focus on financial risk. Demonstrates proficiency in audit methodology and risk/controls assessments
* Business writing and communicating with data
* Requires CIA or CPA certification
Keys to success in the role:
* Solid understanding of technical accounting, financial reporting and valuation of complex financial instruments.
* Inspiring leader to peers and junior audit professionals
* Ability to make the complex simple and focus on the big picture
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
* Leadership: Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
* Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships within the team and internal business areas.
* Growth and Development: Develop the team (and help others) to be better contributors and leaders