Equinix’s Internal Audit department, known as Business Assurance Services (BAS), enhances and protects organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight.
In a demanding high-performance environment designed for high-caliber individuals seeking growth and career advancement, BAS team members gain valuable experience and in-depth knowledge of the operational, finance, information technology (IT), and compliance areas of the Company by working on a wide range of assurance and advisory activities.
Equinix is seeking a Manager for the BAS department who will perform risk-based audit, assurance and advisory activities. The position, based in Tampa, Florida, will report to the Director of the BAS department and work closely with the BAS team.
The position will assist in large, complex and highly visible engagements and develop strong working relationships with management. The position requires a person adept in balancing the dual roles of independent, objective assurance provider and consultative business partner.
- Oversee and perform the planning, fieldwork and reporting for operational and financialaudits, including preparing audit planning memos, developing and executing test steps, reviewing and analyzing evidence, identifying and assessing risks and control issues, documenting work performed, composing summary memos, and drafting auditreports
- Oversee junior team members or consultants on specific audits providing oversight, review, and feedback necessary for successful project completion
- Become a trusted business advisor by developing business relationships and providing value-add assurance, advice and insight to management on governance, risk, compliance, control improvement matters, and key Company initiatives
- Work regularly and communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization to relay findings and recommendations, monitor and help drive remediation efforts to closure, advise on control requirements and improvements, and identify trends and insights
- Help create a collaborative, positive work environment with BAS team members and internal customers
- Conduct work in an efficient and effective manner, monitoring and communicating adherence to project timelines and departmental budget
- Contribute effectively to BAS planning by providing thoughts and input supported by risk based analysis and understanding of business strategy and risks.
- Strong proficiency in performing risk assessments and risk-based auditing, along with the ability to gain an understanding of complex business processes and systems through interview and documentation review, analyze data to identify trends and insights, assess whether controls are adequately designed and operating effectively, and identify and assess risks associated with business operations
- Ability to work in a fast moving, global, complex company environment, to easily adapt between working independently (with minimal direction) or collaboratively on a team (with various stakeholders and varied personalities), to be effective in new situations, and to work comfortably in ambiguity on unstructured projects and in a multi-tasking environment
- Team player focused on team cohesion and success; adept at building relationships across organizations; willingness and ability to lead projects as well as participate as member of project team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to effect change through collaboration, professionalism, trust, credibility and influence
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly evaluate issues and creatively solve complex problems in a solutions-oriented environment
- Commitment to quality, willingness to challenge current practice and innovate, and continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to listen to understand and to bring a balanced perspective, while skillfully managing potentially contentious interactions and standing ground in the face of audit client or internal pressure
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive, rapid learner and responsive; possesses passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; action oriented; views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally (up to 30%)
- Minimum 3+ years of auditexperience; Big 4 accounting/consulting or similar experience is a plus
- One or more relevant professional certifications (CPA, CA, CIA, CFA, CISA, CISSP, CFE) is strongly preferred
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related degree; advanced degree (MBA or Masters) is a plus