Emory University's Office of Internal Audit is seeking an Internal Audit Manager to join their team.
- This position is primarily responsible for assisting Emory University management in assessing the adequacy of Emory's internal control environment by performing audits and other value-added services.
- Obtains an understanding of, and documents, business processes.
- Leverages an understanding of risk and control concepts to develop risk assessments, audit programs, and testing procedures that appropriately address identified risks and project objectives.
- Manages project to quality outcomes; ensure audits and reports are structured and conform to established methodology and quality expectations.
- Utilizes data analytics to enhance risk identification and quantification, and to provide valuable business intelligence to management.
- Reviews audit evidence and demonstrates the ability to draw appropriate conclusions regarding the state of the client's control environment, while maintaining a peripheral view of the organization.
- Identifies and appropriately communicates audit issues to management, offering recommended solutions that address risks and are relevant to the business.
- Reviews draft reports, in conjunction with work papers, and makes edits and updates as necessary to present a clear and effective report for executive- and Board-level audience; works collaboratively with department management in reviewing and updating final draft of report prior to issuance.
- Prepares materials for meetings of the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Supports efforts to improve internal audit division practices and achieve division goals and objectives.
- Assists in development of department promotional materials, including the annual report.
- Develops and maintains successful professional relationships with appropriate levels of management.
- Regularly engages management in discussions on emerging risks, processes and controls.
- Works with management to promote awareness of policies, best practices, and reporting of fraud or other areas of non-compliance.
- Provides expert consultative advice and assistance to business units and critical enterprise level operations.
- Actively participates on assigned Emory committees and project teams.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in finance, business, or accounting; a master's degree is preferred.
- Six years of audit experience, which includes audit project management experience.
- Relevant professional certification required (Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, etc).
- A sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO).
- A working knowledge of and experience with software such as MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Effective interpersonal skills.