Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, Cambridge and India, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Internal Audit Manager will assist in leading the company-wide public company readiness and related SOX implementation initiative. Partnering with DO teams to help mature and sometimes establish the company’s control environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has relevant prior experience (such as Audit & SOX) and is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the Director of Internal Audit. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have an impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- In the near term, collaboratively solution with teams on control design and remediation of gaps. This includes driving the remediation project plan and related prioritization.
- Assist in designing a control environment to support a public company and eventually comply with SOX.
- Develop internal control documentation including risk & control matrices, process & system flowcharts, controls related training materials, control testing plan, testing work papers etc.
- Collaborate with other teams (such as Business Operations, Infrastructure Operations, FP&A, Data & Analytics, Engineering, etc.) to understand, optimize, document, and routinely update operational processes.
- Advise on accounting standard changes, new product launches, system implementations or other major transformation projects to ensure control design is imbedded in the project.
- Actively seek development of new or improved procedures or ideas to create value-add internal controls as well as business process improvements to help enhance over profitability and efficiency.
- Report to the Director of Internal Audit, oversee and collaborate with other teams and external vendors to ensure timelines and outcomes meet expectations. Be a founding team member for the future build out of the Internal Audit function at DO.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- 5-7 years or more of relevant experience – prior public accounting (Big 4) experience preferred, external or internal audit experience, and some leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CISA desired
- Bonus: Experience with working with High Growth or Technology companies
- Extensive SOX experience, as well as internal controls and project management skills. Some familiarity with IT general controls, automated controls and controls over reports
- Bonus: Experience working on controls implementation and design controls from scratch
- Experience with software such as MS Word, MS Excel (bonus: advanced skills), PowerPoint, G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, Presentation) and Visio or Lucid Charts
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative and displays high energy level
- Experience in creative solutioning in a dynamic, fast-paced and multi-project environment, which require excellent organizational, prioritization and process improvement skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively across all levels and teams at the organization and to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to articulate and simplify technical topics to a non-technical group
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.