The Internal Audit Manager will be an experienced, self-motivated professional interested in joining an entrepreneurially-minded and recognized leader (by ALM) in the Consulting profession. You will be responsible for:
- Providing risk management, internal audit and internal control services to clients in a variety of industries.
- Planning and managing staff on engagements, including reviewing staff workpapers and providing feedback and guidance to staff
- Conducting fieldwork, preparing workpapers to support conclusions, discussing findings and observations with management, and finalizing written reports of various types and formats.
- Providing Life Science clients with advice to improve and optimize internal controls, enhance and transform internal audit approach and methodologies and performing risk assessments.
- Providing other value-added recommendations both to our clients and to help improve the firm.
- Bachelor's Degree is required; Major in Accountancy, or a Business or Economics degree with an Accounting Minor or emphasis is preferred
- Holds a certification such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- 6-10 years of experience in the areas of internal audit, internal controls assessment, and/or Sox 404 evaluation and testing.
- Prior experience should include progressive responsibilities, including supervising and reviewing the work of others, and project management, including self-management of simultaneous work-streams and responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication and comprehension both formally and informally to our clients and our teams, in a variety of formats and settings, including in interviews, meetings, calls, e-mails, reports, process narratives, presentations, etc.
- Willingness to travel 50% or more annually
- Internal control design and effectiveness understanding
- Business process flow and flowcharting
- GAAP financial accounting and SEC Reporting
- Networking and relationship management