Cherry Bekaert, the nation’s 25th largest certified public accounting firm, has been providing superior tax, assurance and advisory solutions across the globe for over 70 years. We are seeking an Internal Audit Manager due to sustained growth in our Risk Advisory Services (RAS) practice, and this position has the flexibility to be based throughout our footprint. The RAS team serves our Advisory and Audit practices by providing consulting and compliance services to our clients. We help organizations leverage their system of internal control to enable growth, manage risk and define sustainable operations.
What your day looks like:
- Lead a team responsible for supporting our growing Internal Audit practice serving the Financial Services industry. Limited domestic travel possible based on interest.
- Lead internal audit projects specific to mortgage servicing operations and regulatory compliance.
- Develop risk perspectives and internal control recommendations based on thorough understanding of business processes and audit work performed.
- Ensure project quality control and oversight management of client engagements from start to finish, including adequate planning, execution, and direction while managing to budget.
- Support the development of new services and solutions in the mortgage servicing industry, including data analytics, process automation, compliance management systems, and targeted audit solutions.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff and senior associates.
- Maintain a strong client focus by understanding the client’s business needs while developing productive working relationships with client personnel in order to accomplish audit objectives.
- Learn and understand the Firm and its professional service lines. Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify potential opportunities to apply Cherry Bekaert's services.
- Travel to client locations (average of 20% throughout the year). Majority of travel is within our footprint in the Eastern Standard Time zone.
The ideal fit has a strong background in all of the following:
- Internal Audit and/or compliance experience in the mortgage servicing industry including applicable standards such as Reg X, Reg Z, USAP, Reg AB, CFPB Assessment Manual, and applicable servicing manuals from government-sponsored entities.
- Mortgage servicing Line of Business operations experience including bankruptcy, foreclosure, loss mitigation, REO, service transfers, and supporting operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication capable of managing projects, client expectations and deliverable development.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or relevant industry experience
- CIA, CPA or CMS credential preferred
- 5+ years of experience working as an Internal Auditor, Compliance Analyst/Officer or Risk Advisor for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, banks or within the mortgage servicing industry.
- Strong risk management experience able to support the writing reports of control descriptions, internal control findings and recommendations.
- Ability to serve on and manage multiple Internal Audit engagements at a time, working with team members throughout our firm.
- Significant experience in applying relevant technical, regulatory and industry knowledge.
- Interest in business development and recruiting.