The Internal Audit Manager, will provide independent and objective assessments of the effectiveness of risk management activities, the internal control environment, and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Evaluate key risk areas to define audit scope, objectives, and audit approach, from planning to execution of audit engagements
- Communicate project status, audit results, and process improvements to executive management and key stakeholders through formal meetings and written deliverables
- Review, approve, and finalize audit work papers completed by audit staff and consultants. Ensure audit work papers are clear and concise and comply with IIA standards and internal policies and procedures
- Prepare testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls
- Present findings and recommendations to all levels of management
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships and builds partnerships with audited areas to ensure mutual understanding of risks, audit scope, procedures, and reporting progress
- Supervise and coach audit team to ensure assignments are adequately planned, ensuring work is performed in accordance with company and internal audit standards, answer questions, provide technical assistance to the audit staff, and provide staff assessments
- Prepare auditreports and provide review and edits to staff draft auditreports (and other correspondences) to ensure clarity, conciseness and comprehensibility. Ensure that auditreports clearly communicate the risks, in terms of impact to the business and root cause, and key audit issues
- Assist in the annual risk assessment process
- Manage budgeted hours and maintain timeframes of the project to meet audit requirements
- Advise and coordinate with other departments about policies, procedures and process improvements
- Manage multiple priorities
- Manage the validation process and follow ups on management action plans for assigned areas
- 7+ years of public accounting and/or private industry Internal Audit in financial, operational, or compliance auditing (within financial services industry; mortgage experiencepreferred)
- Experience with and understanding of Internal Auditing standards, COSO, and Risk Assessment practices.
- Proficient in audit methodology, including a strong understanding of risk assessment and control processes
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to analyze complex processes and to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of the process and related controls.
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Experience with and understanding of Internal Auditing standards, COSO, and Risk Assessment practices
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
- Experience in presenting information to all levels of an organization, including the ability to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to prioritize work and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Prior Mortgage banking industry experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CIA designation is desired.
- Excel, Microsoft Access, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio