Role Summary: Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring an Internal Audit Manager based in Houston, Texas. You will be part of a high performing team that solves complex problems while delivering assurance and consulting services for the company globally. Project assignments include financial and operational audits, value-added consulting engagements in areas such as manufacturing, logistics management, procurement and invoicing and/or other compliance and controls related projects as requested by management.
- Responsible for scheduling, supervising, and completing various audits worldwide, including financial and operational audits.
- Direct a selection of auditors in conducting the most complex audit projects, receiving policy level direction from senior audit management.
- Oversee the planning and performance of audit procedures by assigned audit staff on audit projects, including establishing purpose, objective, scope, and audit approach for each assigned project.
- Identify, document, and communicate audit observations. Reviewing and analyzing evidence.
- Ensure audit documentation is in compliance with department standards and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Communicate audit results via timely and well written draft reports and oral presentations to senior and executive management.
- Assist in the recruitment, development, and training of new hires and provide coaching and supervision to Internal Audit staff.
- May work with senior audit management to identify and evaluate the organization’s risk areas and provide input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan, and in developing audit programs and tests.
- Represent Internal Audit on organization project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations, as required.
- Handles special projects and investigations as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related discipline required
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of supervisory/management experience
- License/Certification Required: CPA or CIA
- Advanced PC skills, including Word and Excel
- Intellectual curiosity and a commitment to personal development
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong technical, analytical, and decision making skills; ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize information
- Professional assertiveness and strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 20% domestic and international travel required to audit locations.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred
- Big 4 or Internal Audit experience with large global enterprise desired
- Experience with SAP preferred