The Internal Audit – IT Senior Auditor will have primary responsibility for participating as a member of a team conducting independent audit and risk oversight activities with focus on process and technology at Zoetis locations worldwide. This individual also participates on strategic teams within Internal Audit positioning the Department as a business partner and value added resource to the organization.
- Conduct on-site independent evaluations of Zoetis’ financial, operational, compliance control processes and systems worldwide to ensure Zoetis’ risks are properly managed.
- Review and evaluate IT systems/operations to ensure compliance with prevailing regulatory laws and requirements and Zoetis policies to support Zoetis’ Information Technology systems.
- Conduct complex and highly technical IT auditing reviews with focus on Information Security, Privacy, validated systems and GxP (Good Manufacturing Practices & Good Clinical Practices).
- Present the results of audits to senior site and division management, including practical recommendations to address identified risks, requiring strong negotiation and influence skills.
- Prepare formal written reports setting forth recommendations for local, regional and corporate management to strengthen and improve operations, as well as identify cost or efficiency savings.
- Actively participate in departmental and/or cross-functional teams addressing internal and external issues that support the department’s Strategic Business Framework. This may include designing our audit approach for ensuring compliance with the FCPA, GMP and Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations or working on various special projects formulating business, operational and financial solutions that drive value and position the organization for opportunities.
- Review and evaluate compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, which requires management to maintain adequate controls to prevent a material misstatement of the Company’s financial statements.
- Provide audit support for external audits/integrated audits and miscellaneous job-related duties as needed.
Domestic and international business travel of approximately 20-25%.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Ability to leverage technology, stay current with data trends with an analytical mindset to improve results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, enabling effective communication with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage vendor/vendor staff through timelines and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to train and develop skills of others.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and the ability to integrate across multiple and varied business areas.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, strategic thinking, innovation creativity, and project management.
- Act decisively, develop others, build effective teams.
Qualifications (Training, Education, & Prior Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Accounting, or related field is required
- MA/MS/MBA preferred
- Professional designations - CISA, CIPP, CISA, CFE, CRMA, and CIA preferred.
- At least 4-5 years of internal auditing required; multi-national pharmaceutical experience a plus; international experience a plus.
- Strong background in financial and Information Systems required, including experience with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley.