Are You Ready to Live Protiviti?
The Protiviti Career is about opportunities to continually learn, inspire change, and be your best in a culture that thrives on knowledge sharing and diversity. We hire curious people for whom learning is an everyday activity. We fuel your curiosity with challenging work, talented colleagues, and creative learning resources. At every level, we champion leaders who influence and achieve results. We encourage you to “bring your whole self to work” – all your motivations, passions, priorities, and commitments – as these things bring us closer to exceptional.
That's Living Protiviti.
We strive to recruit and hire the best talent, and it does not stop there. Once you join us, we promise to help you bring your career to life through exceptional work experiences, a culture passionate about learning and development, and a dedication to what matters to you.
Are you inspired to make a difference?
Then you have come to the right place.
What You Can Expect:
A Talent Manager (TM) serves as an advisor to our business, ambassador for our clients and advocate for our people.
As an advisor to our business, TM is a key driver of operational effectiveness of our practice personnel, partnering with leadership. TM is integral in staffing decisions for a respective business area and metrics management (utilization/chargeability/forecasting). The TM balances and understands individual and client value proposition, seeks to advise, and make the best staffing solutions for the business and as such, plays a key role in firm growth.
As an ambassador for our clients, the TM seeks to provide the right skills to best serve our clients, driving client happiness by understanding their needs and providing applicable talent and skills.
As an advocate to our people, the TM ensures our people’s voices are heard with a goal of helping to ensure meaningful career experiences and drives value conversations allowing our people (talent pool) to see the value in the work they do and recognize the skills they are learning. The TM collaborates with HR, firm leadership, engagement managers, and the advisor team to help lead our peoples’ performance, development, and drive improved tenure of our people.
What You Will Do:
Advisors to our Business
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business leaders, and leverage these relationships to maximize deployment opportunities for assigned population
- Regularly leverage various reporting platforms and tools to manage and analyze large amounts of data (schedule accuracy, engagement size, projections variance etc.)
- Maintain knowledge of business areas relevant to the skills and experience of assigned resource population
- Act as a trusted Business Advisor to Practice and Operations leadership, providing metrics and personnel/staffing insights to drive business decisions
- Run through negotiations and resolve conflicts within the national TM team and at the highest levels of the organization
Advocate to our People
- Regularly meet with resource population (all levels), gain understanding of skills, career goals and preferences, to guide deployment decisions and foster career growth
- Propose resources with current or near-term availability to project assignments that align with their skills, professional goals, and/or staffing preferences while meeting the needs of the business
- Partake in performance management process to add insight, clarity to conversations with practice leadership and Human Resources.
- Engage with employees during critical times in their career (leave, life event, career stressors, etc.)
Ambassadors for our Clients
- Maintain an understanding of key strategic client accounts (balance local and national priorities)
- Develop understanding of engagement scopes and roles, by reviewing contractual documents and engaging in detailed conversation with engagement leads
- Present resources based on client engagement scope and details
- Partner with leadership to optimize staffing decisions in support of solution deployment strategies
- Maintain tracking for resource requests across all clients, conduct skills searches, and present candidates for consideration to address open/upcoming resource requests
- Provide meaningful insight on trends, forecast, opportunities for improvement, and areas of concern on business preparation and forecasting, to Solution/Segment leadership
- Lead staffing calls, reviewing prepared reporting and analysis to assist the teams with the best staffing decisions
- Work with the broader Talent Management team across solutions and geographies to fulfill client demands. This may include swapping out resources to ensure the best demonstrate, skill fit, industry experience and employee interest
- Escalate issues and concerns to Solution and/or Regional TM Leads as necessary
- Partner with the Internal Audit and Financial Advisory Chicago team to ensure accuracy of schedules
- Partner closely with other Operations teams to optimize business practices and processes:
- Finance – collaborate on relevant utilization, engagement, ad-hoc impacts to financial forecasts
- Human Resources – participate in performance management, employee relations, development discussions as needed
- Recruiting – provide input on hiring and alignments based on current and expected business trends and demands
- Learning & Development – offer insight into training needs, benchmarks reached for HIPO (High Potential) development across all levels
What Will Make You Successful:
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and with a sense of urgency, prioritize tasks
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills -ability to communicate expertly and effectively with executives.
- Professionalism, confidence, enthusiasm
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in Microsoft applications: Excel (advanced skills such as VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables), Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficiency and/or interest in data visualization programs, such as Power BI or Tableau
- Ability to travel across Protiviti offices (up to 15%).
Your Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (business, human resources, etc.)
- 6+ years in related field, preferably with a professional services firm. Previous business consulting, human resources, or recruiting experience highly preferred.