At Protiviti, we believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. A Protiviti Career is about opportunities to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference.
We strive to recruit and hire the best talent. But it doesn't stop there. Once you join us, we build your career through exceptional work experiences, a culture focused on learning and development, and a commitment to the things that matter to you.
Are you inspired to make a difference?
You've come to the right place.
Denver Internal Audit & Financial Advisory Manager
ROLE DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of team members.
The Manger is responsible for:
- Developing lasting relationships with client personnel and seeking to further these relationships through quality service delivery and the successful execution of projects.
- Supervising, mentoring, and developing the Consultants and Senior Consultants assigned to his/her projects, along with providing longer-term career guidance and advice to a select number of Consultants and Senior Consultants as part of Protiviti’s advisor program.
- Managing the development and quality assurance of key internal audit deliverables, including process flows, work programs, audit reports, and control summaries.
- Managing multiple projects and work streams simultaneously; most with dedicated teams responsible for execution.
- Presenting creative and logical solutions to identified problems.
- Developing a portfolio of business through exceptional client service delivery, active involvement in proposal opportunities and business research, and serving as an ambassador of Protiviti in the market.
- Exhibiting solid ethical behavior.
- Delivering on Protiviti’s strategic objectives, including Our Promises to Our People:
- Creating exceptional development opportunities
- Fostering a global, collaborative, workplace
- Creating opportunities for our Seniors and Consultants to have an impact
- Remain committed to the communities that we serve
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or Business Related Field) required.
- 5+ years working in internal audit, consulting, assurance services, or related field, either in professional services or industry.
- Professional Certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, or similar strongly preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Outstanding project management and supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Exemplary leadership, mentoring, and team building skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- An in-depth understanding of internal audit processes and objectives.
- A strong understanding of core business processes such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, etc. with knowledge of current accounting (GAAP) and auditing (GAAS) principles.
- Understanding of commonly used internal control frameworks, including COSO and COBIT.
- Knowledge of audit methodologies and developing key internal audit deliverables, including process flows, work programs, audit reports, and control summaries.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Knowledge of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA’s) code of ethics and compliance requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Secondary emphasis on Visio and Access.
ABILITY TO TRAVEL
- Travel throughout the month frequently required based upon client requests/commitments. Travel may include suburban, regional, or out of state locations.