The Senior Consultant has primary responsibility for direct supervision of Consultants in executing internal audit project work plans. The Senior Consultant has direct, client-facing engagement responsibilities. Serving as both role model and trainer, the Senior Consultant demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency. The Senior Consultant learns to identify areas of risk and opportunities to improve business processes.
- Reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing controls in a wide range of environments.
- Communicating control strengths and weaknesses to the client or internal audit engagement team and developing effective solutions.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned project phases.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships.
- Apply understanding of Protiviti policies and proficiency in Protiviti methodologies.
- Apply understanding of business processes and technical skills to successful completion of project assignments.
- Develop understanding of project requirements and client’s business.
- Supervise and train project personnel.
- Preparing auditreports on findings and recommendations to senior management.
General Knowledge & Skills
- Prior project management and supervisory skills.
- Interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of business ethics.
- Sound job administration skills.
- Above average written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of current accounting (GAAP) and auditing (GAAS) principles.
- Understanding of internal control concepts (COSO, COBIT).
- Knowledge of auditing processes and methodologies, including flowcharting.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
Education & Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance or Business Related Field) required.
- Required minimum GPA 3.0.
- 3+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or industry.
- Professional Certification such as CPA, CISA strongly preferred.
- “Big 4” experience in Internal Audit strongly preferred.
- Deep experienceauditing financial services companies and banking institutions in particular.
- Auditexperience in the Home lending / credit area. Experience in audit or operations of the credit life cycle from originations, servicing to retirement or default.
- Regulatory or IT experience is a plus.
Ability to Travel
- Travel throughout the month frequently required based on client requests/commitments.
Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on financial statements or offer attestation services.