What Will Help You Be Successful:
- You enjoy discussing technical and industry trends and seek opportunities to demonstrate and teach seniors and staff on the job.
- You participate in the initiation and development of new products and services.
- You enjoy participating in engagement sales opportunities and consistently develop work at existing clients.
- You are passionate about delivering client satisfaction and demonstrating a growing level of industry and product competency and are able to articulate their value to your clients.
- You understand the business environment and potential client base for your solution and industry.
- You seek opportunities to interact with and mentor personnel, including participating in the creation and rollout of training and developing skill sets.
- You make conscious use of real-time supervision during all phases of an engagement to develop our people.
- You have an inherent interest in project management and team leadership. You seek new ways to create extraordinary development opportunities and ways for your team to make an impact on our clients and communities.
Do Your Talents Include the Following?
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- A solid foundation in internal audit processes and objectives.
- An understanding of core business processes such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Revenue etc. with knowledge of accounting operations and financial frameworks.
- Understanding of commonly used International Professional Practices Framework, including COSO and PCAOB.
- Knowledge of audit methodologies and developing key internal audit deliverables, including process flows, work programs, audit reports, and control summaries.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple engagements and work streams with various clients.
- Knowledge of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA’s) code of ethics and compliance requirements.
- Experience working with financial services/banking institutions.
- Supervisory experience of teams including consultants, senior consultants and managers.
- Advanced project management and status reporting capabilities.
- Ability to network and build relationships.
Your Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, or Business Related Field).
- 8+ years working in internal audit, consulting, assurance services, or related field, either in professional services or industry.
- Deep experience auditing financial services companies and banking institutions in particular.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Secondary emphasis on Visio and Access.
- Professional Certification such as CPA, CIA, CFE, or similar strongly preferred.