The Internal Audit Director will be responsible for planning and executing financial and operational audits to evaluate the Company's internal controls, its adherence to Company policies and procedures, and its compliance with legal and regulatory standards. The Senior Manager will also provide recommendations regarding internal control enhancements and identify areas of opportunity for profit improvement, cost control and risk mitigation. The position reports directly to the General Counsel and will have significant interaction with the Company's executive team.
- Ability to lead Company-staffed and co-sourced internal audits
- Strong technical audit skills, including experience in government contracting, government cost accounting and/or SOX compliance
- 10+ years of experience conducting internal audits in an internal audit department and/or at a Big 4 or large regional accounting firm
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Ability to obtain Top Secret security clearance
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Developing an enterprise risk assessment and the related annual internal audit plan
- Establishing compliance goals, timelines and strategies in support of organizational initiatives
- Leading data analytics projects to support audits and continuous monitoring
- Assisting the Company's independent public accountant with completion of its annual audit
- Superior leadership and communications skills with experience presenting at the executive office level
- Proven ability to work successfully in a collaborative manner as an integrated member of the management team
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.