Seeking a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner, or related professional certification with at least 5 years of auditexperience.
Reporting to the Senior Audit Manager and/or Audit Manager, performs audits and other value-added services to evaluate the effectiveness of Emory Healthcare's internal controls.
- Initiates and leads the planning process, coordinates information gathering meetings, researches operational and financial data for the relevant project.
- Obtains an understanding of, and documents, business processes.
- Develops the audit programs.
- Sets the agenda for and leads entrance meetings.
- Conducts test work and clearly documents and concludes on work performed.
- Reviews audit evidence and demonstrates the ability to draw appropriate conclusions regarding the state of the client's control environment, while maintaining a peripheral view of the organization.
- Manages projects to quality outcomes. Identifies and appropriately communicates audit issues to management, offering recommended solutions that address risks and are relevant to the business.
- Drafts the auditreport and recommendations assuring sufficient clarity and conciseness, grammatical, and spelling accuracy.
- Utilizes data analytics to enhance risk identification and quantification, and to provide valuable business intelligence to management.
- Contributes to senior auditor performance evaluations (if applicable), including assessments of competencies and the identification of any skill gaps.
- Develops and maintains successful professional relationships with appropriate levels of management.
- Works with management to promote awareness of policies, best practices, and reporting of fraud or other areas of non-compliance.
- Actively participates on assigned project teams.
- Drafts materials, for management review, for meetings of the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- May provide input on the draft Audit Plan.
- Supports efforts to improve internal audit division practices and achieve division goals and objectives.
- Assists in development of department promotional materials, including the annual report.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in business, accounting, finance, or related field and 5 years of related experience.
- A master's degree is preferred.
- One or more relevant professional certifications is required (e.g., CPA, CIA, CFE).