As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
In this role, you will be focus on the Devices and Services organization at Google, which is responsible for a family of consumer hardware products.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant internal/executive communications, marketing, policy, consulting or PR experience.
- Ability to work calmly and maintain excellent judgment in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Ability to capture the voice of leadership and communicate complex, technical concepts in a clear and compelling way.
- Ability to work with partners across many functions and globally dispersed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work effectively across a broad range of functions to develop end-to-end communications strategies and resources in service of business goals, partnering closely with senior leadership to articulate a vision. - Help drive messaging and narrative development for the Hardware product group internally, including drafting blog posts, talking points, launch materials, presentations, speeches and more. - Ensure excellent coverage for many important initiatives and efforts across the Hardware team in communications forums more broadly for the rest of the company. - Represent internal communications for our consumer products and work with cross-functional partners in product management, engineering, support, finance, and marketing globally to develop and refine communications content to ensure a consistent voice and effective storytelling.