SNC-Lavalin Clean Power has exciting full-time career opportunities for an Intermediate Transmission Line Engineer. Based out of our Vancouver office, our Transmission Line Engineers work with our clients to design and deliver customized solutions for high-voltage transmission infrastructure.
- Detailed design and engineering of 12 kV to 500 kV overhead transmission line projects from conceptual design through to construction.
- Detailed design of underground transmission line projects from 12 kV to 230 kV.
- Conduct feasibility and planning studies.
- Prepare planning and detailed project cost estimates including engineering, materials and construction.
- Prepare construction and material specifications and scope documents for construction tenders and contracts.
- Act as a mentor to junior engineers.
- Interface with clients and contractors.
- Coordinate with various disciplines, review work of junior engineers and technologists.
- Interface with permitting agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Perform field reviews of work during construction.
- Ability to take on a project engineer and/or project manager role as required.
- Professional Engineer registered with EGBC, or the ability to obtain registration.
- 5 to 10 years transmission lines design experience.
- Ability to inform design process based on previous experience with similar projects.
- Strong proficiency using PLS software suite: PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE and PLS-TOWER.
- Ability to perform EMF studies and line loss analysis.
- Transmission structure foundation design experience is an asset, including direct embed and concrete pier foundation design.
- Experience using GIS software packages like ArcGIS is an asset.
- Experience with transmission tower structural analysis is an asset.
- Familiar with applicable codes, standards and regulations applicable to transmission line design in Canada and the United States.
- Experience with thermal upgrading and line condition assessments is strongly desired.