WSP is currently seeking a Bridge Engineer to join our Bridge Team, located at our Thunder Bay office. Reporting to the Manager, Bridges, this position will be responsible for preliminary and detailed design of bridges and other civil structures, cost estimating, checking of designs and drawings, contract document preparation, reports and proposals, and structural assessment/inspections..
- Manage bridge design projects;
- Perform preliminary and detailed designs of new bridges, culverts and retaining walls, and rehabilitation of existing structures;
- Conduct inspections of existing bridges, culverts and retaining walls and prepare reports;
- Prepare sketches for CAD staff and review CAD drawings;
- Prepare technical construction specifications;
- Mentor structural staff in their performance of bridge design services
- Liaise with contractors and owners during design and construction;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Post-secondary degree in Civil Engineering specializing in Structural Engineering from an accredited university;
- Minimum 8 - 12 years’ of related experience with bridge design in Ontario;
- Registered as a P. Eng. with PEO;
- Thorough knowledge of the CHBDC and Ontario MTO design codes/standards;
- Strong technical background in the planning, preliminary and detailed design of bridges, culverts and other transportation structures;
- Experience with rehabilitation design of existing structures;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Committed team player with strong organizational skills;
- A vehicle in suitable working order and a valid driver’s license is required.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).