The Intermediate Mortgage Process Engineer is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits' Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Core Responsibilities: Project Execution
- Partner with CBORC, mortgage business owners, as well as a cross-functional team of partners including but not limited to ORM, ICRM, IA, Legal, Vendor Management and Technology, to scope, prioritize, build business cases, and execute against projects that will streamline and automate our activities and controls across originations and servicing.
- Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information
- Align with a project benefit tracking process to link procedures, project scope, and financials
- Participate in project prioritization efforts. Develop and deliver internal metrics, identifying trends and insights for improvement of operational efficiency
- Supports a continuous improvement culture, participating in multi organizational projects ensuring process and methodologies demonstrated are effective, and supportive of the employees. Part of a team which owns business process improvement methodology and initiatives focused on consistently improving the quality, productivity and efficiency while increasing customer satisfaction.
- Align with a project benefit tracking process to link procedures, project scope, and financial accuracy.
- Ensure team is aware of all efficiency initiatives, saves are measured, validated and justified.
- Maintain and improve recurring and ad-hoc saves reporting per project/program and/or by owner. Seamlessly integrate benefit data from multiple sources across projects, process owners and finance.
- Be accountable for end to end capacity/financial impact analysis for efficiency related initiatives including return on investment estimates.
- Analyze and interpret data from the metrics/reports, identify trends, provide insights and recommend key actions including up to model what if scenarios.
- Develop and deliver internal metrics, identifying trends and insights for improvement of operational efficiency.
- Leverage our full systems capability to create impactful visual representations of metrics to aid understanding enabling customers unfamiliar with data analysis and technology to easily interpret insights and identify strategic decisions.
- Develop and deliver metrics/training staff suggesting areas of improvement.
- Lead presentation to the Global Program/Project Steering Groups to inform about benefit analysis status/outcomes and propose improvement recommendations.
- Lead monthly meetings with senior management to analyze performance, discuss risks and opportunities.
- Collaborate with members of other functional teams to develop a shared understanding of operational performance drivers and key metrics.
- Take a leadership role in creating and driving solutions for continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 3 years' experience in financial planning and analysis or re-engineering projects. Experience in continuous improvement.
- 3+ years mortgage experience
- 2-3 years' experience Control Design, critical thinking, problem solving, process re-engineering, Lean, Six Sigma, or business process re-engineering experience. Process oriented; able to analyze current processes, suggest and define improvements; able to analyze raw data and draw conclusions. Mortgage, consumer, financial services experience a plus
- Experience of working within a global and virtual team. Lean, Six Sigma, or business process re-engineering experience.
- Process oriented; able to analyze current processes, suggest and define improvements; able to analyze raw data and draw conclusions. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to escalate issues to management. Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving, teamwork and analytical skills.
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with minimal or offsite supervision.
- Ability to multitask in a high-pressure environment and work under tight deadlines.
- Highly collaborative, team orientated and a strong consensus builder.
- Ability to lead small initiatives and motivate diverse teams in multiple locations to support delivery of agree objectives.
- Self-motivated and well organized. Proven track record: ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize accordingly and make decisions as required.
- Excellent presentation skills and Power Point use.
- Excellent analytical skills including Excel use.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to set high standards of deliverables. Highly developed attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the financial services/mortgage industry.
Job Family Group:
- Associate's/University degree or equivalent experience
Business Strategy, Management & AdministrationJob Family:
Business Process Re-Engineering Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting