Intermediate Power Engineer - ( 2100010D )Description
We put the Power into Buildings. Intelligent Design. Innovative Execution. These are the elements of engineering where we outperform. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in power distribution across buildings, campuses, and cities. Our team of electrical engineers works collaboratively with clients to design power distribution systems that surpass expectations for safety, performance, and sustainability. Join a dynamic team that is one of the foremost power engineering teams in Ottawa. Together, we can work towards a brighter future.Your Opportunity
Our Ottawa office is looking for a highly motivated Intermediate Electrical Power Systems Engineer to join our growing, multi-disciplinary team. Responsibilities include the design of electrical distribution systems for commercial, healthcare, industrial, institutional, public and private facilities including power distribution, essential and life safety systems, preparing proposals and working closely with clients, contractors and suppliers. If you are an excellent communicator and skilled problem-solver with strong attention to detail, then we have a dynamic work environment where you can play a pivotal role in a diverse range of building projects.Your Key Responsibilities
QualificationsYour Capabilties and Credentials
- Working under the supervision of a Senior Electrical Engineer, coordinate and be responsible for electrical power engineering drawings, specifications and opinions of probable cost on multiple projects.
- Prepare technical specifications and documents for bidding and construction.
- Prepare and review detailed engineering design calculations.
- Prepare and review various power systems studies, such as Coordination, Short Circuit, Device Evaluation, Arc Flash, Motor Starting, Load Flow, and Power Quality studies.
- Support promotion, proposal and project management efforts.
- Assist with determining the scope and fee for proposed engineering services.
- Act as the project manager and client contact for electrical projects.
- Nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects, and as appropriate participate in marketing/business development.
- Assist in preparing proposals and electrical engineering level of effort estimates
Education and Experience
- Electrical design experience in low, medium and high voltage power distribution, grounding and lightning systems, large motor and generator design, and switchgear and other protective devices and relaying systems.
- Demonstrated experience managing electrical power systems projects for a variety of clients.
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity with Canadian electrical standards and codes.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Hands on experience with switchgear, relaying, and other protective devices, as well as qualifications as a 'qualified' person per CSA Z462 is considered an asset.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering; Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
- License to practice engineering in Quebec is considered an advantage.
- A minimum 4 years of related electrical power systems engineering design experience is required.
- Experience working in an integrated project delivery team.
- Experience performing coordination, short circuit, device evaluation, and arc flash analysis.
- Experience with electrical systems maintenance and evaluation of electrical maintenance reports is considered an asset.
- Experience with substation and campus electrical distribution systems design is considered an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.Primary Location
: Electrical EngineerOrganization
: BC-1633 Buildings-CA Ottawa ONEmployee Status
: RegularJob Level
: Individual ContributorTravel
: Yes, 10 % of the TimeSchedule
: Full-timeJob Posting
: Apr 22, 2021, 3:58:25 PMReq ID:
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans