WSP is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Buildings Group in our Markham office. Reporting to the Manager of Mechanical Engineering, this is an exciting career opportunity for the right individual with the skills, determination and drive to grow into a senior technical and leadership role in the mechanical engineering group. WSP’s Buildings’ team engages in the design of healthcare, educational, commercial, defence, environmental infrastructure, recreational and light industrial facilities. This position will initially be focused on healthcare buildings projects.
- Reporting directly to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, works independently and with minimal supervision;
- Responsible for taking design projects from start to finish and applying a high level of technical, professional engineering and consulting expertise;
- Complete familiarization with National, Provincial and Municipal Codes and Standards. Ensures the design documents meet established project criteria and applicable standards. Coordinates the preparation of engineering specifications and drawings, quantities and opinions of probable cost;
- Responsible for researching and implementing new technology designs as required to meet client's objectives. Utilizes industry specific software and related technologies in design and analysis;
- Participates in client management, business development and proposal preparation activities;
- Under supervision, prepare engineering design, specification and/ or recommendations for a variety of the following:
- Equipment selection & specification
- Fuel Systems
- High and Low pressure piping
- Mechanical design details
- Sustainable design
- Other duties assigned.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution;
- P.Eng is required;
- LEED Accreditation and sustainable design experience are highly desirable qualifications;
- PMP designation or willingness to pursue this designation is desirable;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is required;
- Proficiency with MEP Revit is highly desirable;
- 5-10 years of experience in consulting mechanical design engineering for healthcare buildings or equivalent experience and responsibilities is required;
- Experience on recent major healthcare and institutional complex mechanical projects is required.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).