Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Engineering Services
With decades of experience, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
Focused on providing cost-effective solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency.
Our Dartmouth, NS office has an immediate need for an Intermediate Mechanical Building Services Engineer. This self-directed individual will join our mechanical buildings engineering team, implementing and overseeing the technical design on multiple projects with a focus on the commercial, government, institutional and industrial sectors.
- Mechanical Building Services Design - including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and control system design with a focus on a superior built environment and energy efficiency;
- Preparation of engineering service proposals and participation in multi-discipline RFP responses for new project work;
- Coordination and communication with other technical and non-technical team members;
- Working with clients, architects, consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives;
- Mentoring junior engineering staff; and
- Team management and resourcing for own projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong public sector or industrial buildings design experience;
- Some experience of client engagement, business development, and project management desirable;
- Collaborating in a team environment on various projects through all stages;
- Bachelor of Engineering/Science in Mechanical Engineering; advanced degrees preferred;
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a consulting environment, with a specialization in mechanical consulting engineering in buildings;
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a P. Eng. in Nova Scotia;
- Key areas of experience will include HVAC, plumbing, and controls system design, construction cost estimating, contract administration, energy efficiency analysis, and writing technical reports and proposals; and
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft®Excel and Microsoft® Word is required.
Job ID 31786