INTERMEDIATE MECHANICAL DESIGNER
- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you have a passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Vancouver office is seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Designer who is a team player with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the Senior Designer or Project Manager with minimal supervision. Proficient operating knowledge of AutoCAD is required as well as specific building services designing and drafting experience in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems. Good communication skills, initiatives and inclination to learn are to be demonstrated.
- AutoCAD/Revit drafting and design operations
- Provide technical assistance to the Senior Designers/Project Managers/Team Leaders as follows:
- Maintain Design ("B" file) file
- Set up heating and cooling load calculation file (ie. Carrier HAP) - inputs to be checked by senior staff
- HVAC, Fire Protection and Plumbing layout and drafting with minimal supervision
- Ensure Integral design checklist is being followed
- Ensure Integral AutoCAD/Revit Standards are being followed
- Maintain AutoCAD/Revit files
- Prepare preliminary motor list with assistance provided by senior staff
- Prepare equipment selections using Integral selection procedures with assistance provided by senior staff
- Co-ordinate mechanical requirements with other disciplines involved in the project design team (i.e., Architects, Structural Consultants, Electrical Consultants, etc). Assistance will be provided by senior staff
- Co-ordinate service requirements/connections with the respective utility and/or municipal agencies
- Review and process shop drawings with senior staff
- Assist in training junior staff and reviewing their work
- Provide construction administration services as directed and supervised by senior staff
- Write various reports as directed by senior staff
- Attend site surveys with senior staff
- Minimum 5years AutoCAD experience coupled with 2years design experience in HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems
- Ability to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings with minimal supervision provided by senior staff
- Ability to apply prescriptive requirements of plumbing building and sprinkler codes (i.e., NFPA, BCBC, BC Plumbing Code, etc.) with minimal supervision provided by senior staff
- Knowledge of energy modeling and calculations is preferred
- Operating knowledge of Revit is an asset
- EIT classification is an asset
- University degree or College diploma in Mechanical Engineering specialization is an asset