INTERMEDIATE MECHANICAL DESIGNER
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Toronto office is seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Designer to join their growing team! The Intermediate Designer is a team player with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the Senior Designer or Project Manager/Team Leader with minimal supervision. Proficient operating knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit is required as well as specific building services design experience in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems. Good communication skills, initiatives and inclination to learn are to be demonstrated.
- AutoCAD and Revit drafting and design operations
- Provide technical assistance to the Senior Designers/Project Managers/Team Leaders as follows:
- Maintain Design files and Quality Control checklists
- HVAC, Fire Protection and Plumbing layout and drafting with minimal supervision
- Ensure Integral design checklist is being followed
- Ensure Integral AutoCAD and Revit Standards are being followed
- Maintain AutoCAD and Revit files
- Prepare preliminary motor list with assistance provided by senior staff
- Prepare equipment selections using Integral selection procedures with assistance provided by senior staff
- Co-ordinate mechanical requirements with other disciplines involved in the project design team (i.e. Architects, Structural Consultants, Electrical Consultants, etc.).Assistance will be provided by senior staff
- Co-ordinate service requirements/connections with the respective utility and/or municipal agencies
- Review and process shop drawings with senior staff
- Delegate to and assist with training junior staff and reviewing their work
- Provide construction administration services as directed and supervised by senior staff
- Write various reports as directed by senior staff
- Provide research on sustainable technologies as directed by senior staff
- Attend site surveys
- Attend client meetings with senior staff
- Assist with coaching and mentoring junior engineering staff
- University degree, college/technologydiploma in Mechanical Engineering or other applicable area
- Proficient in AutoCAD and / or Revit with minimum 5years design experience in HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection
- Ability to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings with minimal supervision provided by senior staff
- Ability to apply prescriptive requirements of plumbing building and sprinkler codes (i.e. NFPA, OBC, ASHRAE, etc.) with minimal supervision provided by senior staff
- Knowledge of energy modeling and calculations is an asset
- Knowledge of sustainability as it pertains to mechanical and electrical systems