Intermediate Hydrologist / Hydrotechnical / Water Resources Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Engineering Services
SNC-Lavalin Inc. (SNC-Lavalin) is one of the world’s leading groups of engineering and construction companies, a key player in facilities and operations management, and in the ownership, operation and maintenance of infrastructure.
The Sustainable CapitalWorks group of Mining and metallurgy Division, provides a broad range of geotechnical services includinginvestigations and designengineering,construction supervision and management, mine siteinspections and closure plans. It is supported by a large multi-disciplinary SNC-Lavalin team of professionals who have completed many geotechnical projects worldwide. The successful candidate will assume progressive and keyresponsibilities in the delivery of geotechnical projects working with and alongsideexperienced professionals keen onsharingknowledge and providing mentorship for continued development.
The hydrologist /hydrotechnical /water resources engineer will be responsible for carrying out various hydrological studies related to water management on new mines, operating or reclaimed mining sites. Such studies involve evaluating precipitation data to model design flood events for various recurrence periods for design of water reservoirs, tailings dams, seepage collection ponds, ditches, spillways, culverts for the purpose of civil engineering designs; establishing site water balance related to the management of surface water and mine tailings.
- Plan, supervise and perform hydrological studies for meteorological data, streamflow data and runoff evaluation;
- Design of hydraulic structures;
- Participate in project meetings for aspects related to the hydrology/ hydraulics discipline;
- Participate in the preparation of service proposals; and
- Supervise the professional development of junior personnel within theengineeringgroup.
- University degree in water resources, or civil engineering with specialization in hydrology/ hydraulics;
- Post-graduate education will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge with modeling software will also be considered an asset, including:
- HEC-HMS, QualHYMO, OttHYMO, CFA, HyfranPlus, GoldSim, PCSWMM;
- HEC-RAS, SWMM, RiverCAD, FlowMaster, CulvertMaster, HY8;
- HEC-RAS, PCSWMM 2D Professional;
- SedCAD; and
- Others: GIS, AutoCAD, Microstation, Geo-Slope pack.
- A registered professional engineer who is licensed in Ontario.
- Minimum of 5-yearexperience in water resources, hydrological studies and hydraulic structure design related to hydro-electric and/ or mining projects.
- Fluency in languages other than English will be an asset;
- Good communication and writing skills.
- The candidate must possess a demonstrated capability to work within a multidisciplinary engineering team comprised mainly of hydrologists, geotechnical engineers, hydrogeologists, water treatment and environmental specialists.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.