EXP’s Burnaby office is currently seeking a Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer specializing in Rock Mechanics to join their team. Reporting to the Geotechnical Discipline Manager, the successful candidate will be joining a well-established and diverse engineering group in Western Canada poised for growth and challenging opportunities well into the future.
- Planning and carrying out assignments requiring familiarity with a broad range of geotechnical engineering with reciprocal knowledge of the work on other field of technical work;
- Writing and reviewing technical reports;
- Continuing your own technical skills development and propagation of those skills to others.
- Demonstrable on-site experience with rock engineering related to civil projects.
- Experience in numerical modelling or reviewing numerical models would be of benefit.
- The ability to establish and maintain solid client relationships.
- Utilizing combinations of standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures and methods developed in other assignments when analyzing each unique project;
- Conducts and coordinates a wide variety of geotechnical investigations
- Conducts site and QA/QC inspections
- Reviewing and interpreting monitoring information from geotechnical instrumentation programs;
- Carrying out analysis of data, including computer analyses;
- Working with senior staff when dealing with difficult, complex and unusual matters and decisions;
- Performing independent studies, analyses, interpretations and conclusions;
- Work independently with little supervision, depending on the complexity of the assignment;
The Skills, Knowledge, and Ability We Seek
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or geological/geotechnical engineering
- Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering, an asset
- 5 to 8 years of pertinent experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player with proven ability to work independently or as a member of project teams
- The ability to coordinate, mentor, and assign work to junior staff
- Ability to interface and communicate with our clients
- Excellent organizing, interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills using word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics applications such as MS Word, Excel, and AutoCAD
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Must possess valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to travel to job site