This Business Intelligence Developer role is on the Operations Support team and is responsible for maintaining and supporting multiple Data Warehouses, BI applications and data integration applications.
The position can be based at the Sun Life office in Waterloo, or Atria (Victoria Park and Sheppard), depending on where a suitable candidate is found.
- Knowledge of Hadoop data movement toolset
- Knowledge of SQOOP, HIVE and Spark
- Mainframe knowledge/experience in TSO, ZEKE, JCL, COBOL
- Knowledge of Business Objects Universe Designer and Web Intelligence
- Knowledge of OLAP tools: Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
- DW Methodology: Kimball, Inmon, dimensional and relational data modeling
- Experience with Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, flat files
- Understanding of ITIL and project/development methodologies
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter, Microsoft SSIS, SQL script, stored procedures
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix
- Knowledge of change management and incident managementprocesses
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze, anticipate and mitigate risk factors and work with the team and stakeholders to minimize risk
- Demonstrated level of initiative and judgement in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team to achieve tangible results, and ability to manage and resolve conflict
- Can verbally communicate with clarity in one-on-one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Good technical writing, Visio, PowerPoint, flowcharting skills
- Written communication is clear and concise.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Computer Science degree or certificate, or equivalent, supplemental training
- Maintain and support of end-to-end Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions
- Ensure appropriate prioritization and resolution of production defects in accordance with agreed upon SLAs
- Ensure compliance with incident, problem and change management policies and processes
- Perform troubleshooting and performance optimization
- Identify trends and develop appropriate processes to ensure timely resolution and ongoing continuous improvement of key processes
- Ensure that production support requirements are met prior to transition to production
- Creation and maintenance of documentation
- Develop an understanding of the business applications supported as well as the business directions
- Contribute to definition and implementation of standards and best practices for Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence
- Training and support of end users
- This position does include on-callsupport which is required outside the normal working hours on a rotational basis.
- Some additional hours will be required outside of normal schedule for any critical production issues
- Occasional travel maybe required between the different office locations (Toronto/Waterloo