WSP currently seeking a forward-thinking, Electrical Engineer(s) to join our Mechanical and Electrical Team, located in our Downtown Ottawa office.
- Pursue leading-edge engineering solutions for the various electrical and electronic building systems, including low voltage power distribution (including emergency power and UPS), lightning protection and grounding, fire detection and voice alarm, public address, passive telecommunications and security systems infrastructure, lighting and lighting controls systems, and external underground services infrastructure.
- Work in conjunction with different stakeholder groups to identify, develop and articulate the merits of different options for various electrical systems, and to make recommendations for stakeholder acceptance.
- Undertake design calculations and prepare and develop specifications, designs and details for the various systems from schematic design, design development and construction documents stages of the project.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and positive direction to less experienced team members in order for them to feel comfortable to take on more challenges.
- Manage the quality of the REVIT modelling to ensure it accurately represents the detailed design intent.
- Conduct quality reviews throughout the design process to ensure best practice design principles are being followed, and that the design meets the requirements of all applicable codes and standards to satisfy the requirements of the authority having jurisdiction.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario.
- Minimum 5 years electrical engineering and design experience on building projects – experience with large scale and/or heritage designated projects a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in different delivery models – i.e. CM, Design Build, P3 - is desirable.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong desire and ability to collaborate and problem solve in an integrated team environment.
- Possess the scope to develop into a leadership role with experience and time.
- Detailed working knowledge of, and the ability to design in REVIT.
- Working knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code, Ontario Electrical Safety Code, National Building Code of Canada and the Ontario Building Code.
- Understanding of LEED v4.0 and ASHRAE standards.
- Working knowledge of CAN/ULC Standards for Life Safety Systems.
- Have an understanding of quality standards relative to electrical design and planning, engineering fundamentals and principles.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Applications.