WSP is currently searching for an Intermediate Electrical Designer or Technologist in our Saskatoon office. The successful candidate should be familiar with a variety of institutional, municipal, healthcare, and commercial building projects. The successful individual will be responsible for design, tender and construction services on various projects. This position will have more than enough scope and freedom to satisfy the most ambitious, career-minded and technically savvy person.
- Design and draft drawings of power distribution, control, communication, lighting, fire alarm and security systems for industrial, commercial, institutional and municipal sectors
- Technical calculations and software use for lighting analyses, load calculations, arc flash, fault & coordination studies, power system design
- On site electrical research, construction audits, field reviews
- Writing detailed and concise technical reports, feasibility studies, proposals, including written responses and instructions as required during all project phases
- Conducting all tasks in cooperation with internal clients and other engineering disciplines
- Managing and enhancing client relationships
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- 5 years’ experience designing electrical systems including power distribution, lighting, life safety and communications
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently between multiple projects
- Experience creating tender document packages with drawings and specifications
- Experience with utility companies, authorities having jurisdiction, applicable codes, standards, and work practices
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit MEP
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members and clients
- Good initiative and a “can do” attitude, able to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office 2013
- Good organizational skills, fast learner
- Reputation for meeting or exceeding expectations
- Valid drivers license
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).