• Partner with the DevOps team to lead improvement of technical processes across Platform engineering and Operations teams to improve delivery and availability for platforms.
• Develop and follow operational best practices for tools and automation development. Including: Style guides, versioning practices, source control, branching and merging patterns and advising other engineers on development standards.
• Provide support to the Operations team to support, maintain and upgrade the existing configuration management environment.
• Help evaluate, build and deploy tools to assist with deployment framework required for each TAS platform.
• Develop solutions in alignment with departmental goals, SLA’s for availability, scalability and resiliency.
• Help develop strategies for zero down time deployments and patching.
• Develop and advocate for Operations best practices, standards and processes
• Work with teams to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement in the deployment and build processes.
• Experience in Unix and Linux Administration, Engineering and Automation
• Solid understanding of SLDC’s, Common development practices, Agile, Waterfall and Lean principals.
• Automation background in multiple scripting languages
• Direct experience with Puppet, Ansible, Chef or similar Configuration Management tools.
• Experience working in a matrix organization in a role that influences change though leadership.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent relevant experience.
• Experience with Windows server administration
• Experience working in Agile teams and project teams.
• Experience with Git (Stash/GitHub) and Subversion.
• Desire to learn and continually improve self and others though knowledge sharing.