HOK’s interior design teams create holistic solutions for places that reflect who organizations are and what they aspire to be. We use space, color, materials and light as tools to create healthy, uplifting environments. These spaces enhance people’s lives in the places they gather: offices, airports, hospitals, hotels, sports venues, schools, labs and more. The lines between work, life and play continue to blur, providing opportunities to bring together elements from previously distinct spaces. Our interior designers leverage this space fusion to create multidimensional, experiential environments shaped by the people who use them.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Interiors team in Miami, FL. As a Project Manager, you are responsible for managing small to medium sized projects during all phases of a project until completion. Directing employees and consultants at all levels to ensure that all steps and procedures are taken and that all work is completed as planned, budgeted and scheduled.
- Consults with client to determine function and spatial requirements and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time. Plans layouts of projects and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Prepares client and consultant agreements for Principal review and execution.
- Implements all phases of a design project which includes contracts, budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, documentation, specifications and construction, including the selection and specification of furniture.
- Manages client expectations with regard to project scope, budget and schedule to ensure the client understands the services HOK will provide, and the time frame in which they will be provided.
- Responsible for maintaining positive client relationships throughout project. Keeps client apprised of project progress on regular basis. Initiates and maintains contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination and negotiation of critical issues.
- Responsible for managing project using the Deltek Vision; complete work plans; including identification of project team members, budget, consultants, schedule for completion, fees and labor costs as well as project change notices or other actions taking place on the assigned project. Responsible for financial outcome of projects.
- Develops detailed project schedule and communicates key deliverable dates to project team. Plans, organizes and manages work of project team; ensures tasks and expectations are clear.
- Provides leadership, resources and technical advice for the generation of construction documents for interior environments, including detailing and finish application, ensuring adherence to design intent and carry through.
- Ensures project documentation and contracts are in compliance with the standards set forth by the Project Delivery Board. Produces written documentation related to project including agreements, meeting documentation, transmittals, memoranda, etc. using HOK standard formats.
- Reviews documents for adherence to building and ADA codes. Ensure project documentation and contracts are in compliance with the standards set forth by the Project Delivery Board. Oversee coordination and quality assurance of documents required to complete a project or phase of a project; ensures documents are in concert with design intent.
- Represents client in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts. May assist with negotiating fees and contracts.
- Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure project details are carried out including technical issues and project information at all levels of contract administration.
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team (i.e. Project Designer, Project Architect, Project Manager, and Principal in Charge). Work with other Project Managers to avoid or eliminate conflicts in schedule due to the changes in various projects.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, participates in professional development reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Explores and identifies new opportunities to add or enhance professional services with existing clients.
- Participates in selected marketing and business development opportunities.
- Assists in development of fee proposals for marketing proposals.
- May participate in developing the annual business plan for the interiors discipline.
- Develops and maintain positive relationships with consultants, contractors and jurisdictional/approval agencies.
- Advanced knowledge of design principles and the ability to interpret design concepts and layouts, including commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the profession.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Advanced knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture types, vendors, fixtures and equipment, architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, color and materials to carryout design intent.
- Knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
- Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in Deltek Vision highly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Project preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Proficiency in Newforma preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred.
- Knowledge of Revit preferred.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture or equivalent in education or experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 plus years’ experience in interior design practice with 5 years prior project management experience in all phases of projects through post-occupancy.
- NCIDQ certification preferred.
- If registered Architect, NCARB registration preferred and current registered member of AIA (or OAA, if applicable) preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.