As an Interior Project Manager on the Perkins&Will Corporate Interiors team, you will:
- Be responsible for the coordination and administration of multiple projects from conception to completion.
- Understands design philosophies and current trends including workplace design, space planning, documentation, furniture specifications, general materials, and finishes
- Advanced understanding of planning, programming and design principles, and methods
- Understands and anticipates the technical implications of design decisions
- Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, delivery, and sustainability
- Coordinates project documentation execution, construction plans, and details ensuring quality control and completion
- Understands and coordinates engineering systems relevant to projects
- Reviews shop drawings, material samples, and CD’s for conformance with design
- Conducts and documents field observations to monitor progress of construction
- Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
- Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations
- Ensures tasks are completed according to the Perkins+Will standards and Project Delivery Manual
- Define, monitor and maintain control of the scope of work and services for the project including project schedule and work plan
- Prepare and negotiate client and consultant proposals, fees, schedules, and contracts
- Act as the main coordinator of communication between the client and Perkins + Will, ensuring timely resolution of client concerns and management of business issues including contracts and additional services
- Creates and communicates clear and attainable project objectives and project requirements for the project team.
- Effectively manages client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the financial goals established for projects
- Participates in marketing opportunities and facilitate multi-discipline/office collaboration within firm
- Develops and maintains successful existing client relationships while building new client relationships
- Participates in training/development/mentoring of project team.
- Professional Degree in Interior Design or related field
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of relevant experience including experience with corporate office clients
- Experienced in all phases of project design, construction documentation production, programming, space planning and FF&E
- Understanding of project financial management and contract administration including project coordination, budgeting, scheduling, and contract negotiations
- Revit proficient
- Basic project management software skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to direct, mentor, and coordinate work efforts of multiple project teams
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
- Licensure (NCIDQ or registered architect) preferred
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume along with samples that demonstrate past work.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Perkins&Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D
At Perkins&Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people and ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.
Bachelor of Arts or better in Interior Design or related field.