As an Interior Project Designer in the Miami studio, you will:
- Understand and consistently execute all aspects of the design process to proactively contribute to the overall success of the team while adhering to firm and project goals and standards of excellence in interior design, execution, and living design.
- Develop and coordinate detailed design concepts with ability to develop functional requirements and project-design criteria.
- Demonstrate understanding of and leadership in the architectural design process and integration of standalone interiors projects and design concepts.
- Facilitate interior design efforts and project teams, including design direction and client engagement.
- Participate in marketing efforts and potentially lead design presentations to prospective clients.
- Coordinate integration of basic engineering systems into the overall project design.
- Review work for accuracy, omissions, legibility, and for document compliance in accordance with internal standards.
- Participate and collaborate in design reviews, charettes, and pin-ups.
- Demonstrate strong and effective communication and direction which inspires high team performance and design ideas.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to staff.
- Coordinate effectively with clients, partners, and consultants throughout project phases.
To join us, you should have:
- A professional degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- 8-10+ years of experience.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; Revit strongly preferred.
- Strong design portfolio
- Strong competency in interior design specifications, calculations, industry standards, and application of building codes.
- Advanced knowledge in programming, planning, and site analysis.
- Experience in all phases and aspects of a project.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- LEED AP or obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Licensure strongly preferred.