Job Title: Interior Engineer
One need to have skillset in product design and engineering detailed to manufacturability & tooling perspective.
• Responsible for Leading a project from conceptual work to refined engineering design/specification.
- Responsible for the interior specification meeting or exceeding product plan.
• Translates product specific objectives into a detailed technical specification including cost.
• Starting with a clay model, collaborates with Industrial Design to determine part break up.
• Plans and implements PDP phases of a project, completing within technical, schedule and cost requirements.
• Oversees development of seats ensuring compliance with regulatory and company test requirements.
• Continuous improvement and execution of future technology with materials, tooling, processes, structures, and mechanisms.
• Provide technical support to purchasing developing specifications for RFQ’s and assistance with supplier selection.
• Utilization of engineering and business systems to prepare a cost analysis of a vehicle’s interior.
• Collaborate with purchasing to specify and source lower cost alternatives
• Material selection identifying key physical properties
• Define next generation products by benchmarking existing vehicles defining tooling/BOM cost
• Lead designers by providing technical and styling direction
• Experience with FMVSS regulatory and safety compliance
• Analyzes field failures defining root cause and implementing cost effective corrective actions
• Interfaces with: Industrial design, purchasing, designers, quality, manufacturing, marketing, product managers, and technicians
• Manufacturing support
Business & Leadership Skills
• Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with cross functional teams
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority
• Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
• Ability to travel20% to support product launches, new technology implementations and overall troubleshooting across the plant network
• The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions
• The passion to set and meet high standards of performance
• The ability to persuade others to support the company agenda / objectives
• The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
• DFMEA and PFMEA development and assessment
• Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
• Value Stream Mapping and Process Optimization
• Project management – initiating, planning, executing project work
• High level of analytical ability to apply to unusual and difficult problems
• Experience with both flexible and rigid packaging (paper, board and Plastics)
• Experience using SolidWorks or ProEngineer is preferred.
• BS/MSdegree in Product design or Industrial design or Human factors study.