CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Interior Designer based in our Houston office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be part of a fully integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers and specialists working on a wide range of design projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Under the guidance of a Senior Interior Designer, lead the development of the project’s goals through the all-project phases (Programming, Planning, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration).
- Supervise, monitor, train and direct work of interns and less experienced team members.
- Evaluate client needs; analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements.
- Coordinate design work, standards and code compliance within the team under limited direction from Senior Interior Designer. Coordinate with other disciplines, including architecture, engineering and consultants.
- Responsible for development of the design of interior Architecture that includes but not limited to three-dimensional form giving of interior architectural elements, floor plans, pattern designs, elevations, details, room finishes etc.
- Independently evaluate and select materials; consult with vendors.
- Produce drawings in conformance with project time, budget and quality constraints.
- Assist in project planning and follow through of work plans/budgeting.
- Be familiar with building and life safety codes and their correct application.
- Assist in and lead client meetings, as requested.
- Mentor and supervise less experienced interior design staff.
- Assist and/or lead “lessons learned” sessions.
- Follow and maintain CannonDesign drawing standards.
- Actively participate in and promote design leadership within the practice.
- Perform field site inspections. Field site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
- Assist in marketing campaigns as requested.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Be available to travel for projects up to 50% of the work week if required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Interior Design from CIDA-accredited institution or Bachelors of Architecture from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience.
- Healthcare experience is preferred
- Revit, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, Enscape, Rhino (or comparable program), V-Ray.
- NCIDQ Certification or Registered Architect strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, strong organizational and research skills.
- Good marketing, communications, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of construction documents, building materials, and all phases of design tools.
- Strong knowledge of building and life safety codes as related to interiors.