Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking an Interior Designer tomanage projects in our Phoenix office. This position may also be filled in our Culver City or San Diego office. Qualified applicants should submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter detailing their experience.
We are looking for motivated individuals committed to high quality design to join our Healthcare Studios. Successful candidates will be responsible for managing multiple projects by collaborating on design, product sourcing, preparing presentations, material and FF&E selections/specifications and producing/coordinating/quality control of construction documents authored by our firm and our consultants.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Working in a team environment, always striving towards the common goal of a successful project.
- Collaboration on conceptual design with the ability to be literal or clever when working on thematic designs.
- Lead client interior design meetings and presentations
- Produce/collaborate on presentations and computer generated renderings utilizing Photoshop.
- Technical plans and documentation, utilizing Revit.
- Assist in selection, research and specification of all Furnishings, Fixtures &Equipment, Finishes and Lighting.
- Travel for on-site coordination meetings will be weekly or bi-weekly for one to three days at a time.
- Problem solving as an independent and as part of a team.
- Coordinate organization of project bins and producing specific maintenance or specification information to the client or their operations department.
- Participate in staffing issues including workload assessment.
- Intercept questions/needs/comments from the clients and consultants.
- Review of all submittals and requests for information (RFI).
- Establish relationships with client, consultants and contractors and coordinate work requests from them as appropriate.
- Provide input on budget issues.
- Collaborate with outside designers to relay standards, coordinate with contractors, review and interpret interior documents and review their submittals and RFIs prior to processing.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design from a college or university that is accredited by CIDA or an equivalent quality program.
- Work experience as an interior designer for a minimum of 7-12 years.
- Strong Communication Skills – be able to work within a team and communicate to clients.
- Have skills in integrating 3-dimensional interior design with architectural elements.
- Collaborative Attitude.
- Experience in markets and building types listed above preferred.
- Flexibility in work schedule. Overtime is sometimes necessary when working on deadline driven projects.
- Proficient in Revit, Microsoft Office applications, and preferred aptitude in Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketch-Up.
- NCIDQ / CID a plus but not required.
- Commitment to sustainable design.
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.
Benefits and salaries are competitive. Cuningham Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Bachelors or better in Interior Design.
7-12 years: 7-12 years' interior design experience