CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Interior Designer based in our Dallas office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be part of a fully integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers and specialists working on a wide range of design projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Working with the other Senior Interior Designers locally & nationally, lead the development of project teams required to meet project’s goals through all-project phases (Programming Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration).
- Interact with multiple projects across multiple offices to confirm staff, and that each can be produced in conformance with project time, budget and quality constraints.
- Interface with design leaders, and project managers in both healthcare and higher education markets in project planning and follow through of work plans/budgeting.
- Supervise, monitor, train and direct work of interns and less experienced team members.
- Evaluate client needs; analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements.
- Research, evaluate and coordinate furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE) throughout all phases of interior design work.
- Oversee the coordination of design work, standards, and code compliance within multiple teams. Coordinate with other disciplines, including architecture, engineering, and consultants.
- Responsible for development of the design of interior space to include floor plans, pattern designs, elevations, details, room finishes etc.
- Independently evaluate and select materials; consult with vendors.
- Be familiar with building and life safety codes and their correct application.
- Assist in and lead client meetings, as requested.
- Assist and/or lead “lessons learned” sessions.
- Follow and maintain CannonDesign drawing standards.
- Actively participate in and promote design leadership within the practice.
- Perform field site inspections. Field site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
- Assist in marketing campaigns as requested.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Be available to travel for projects up to 50% of the work week if required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Interior Design from CIDA-accredited institution or Bachelors of Architecture from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Revit, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Rhino (or comparable program), V-Ray.
- NCIDQ Certification or architectural licensure strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, strong organizational and research skills.
- Good marketing, communications, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of construction documents, building materials, and all phases of design tools.
- Excellent team building skills required
- Strong knowledge of building and life safety codes as related to interiors
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.