Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, coordinate, plan, and review the work of entire project teams. This includes the mentoring of staff on project teams.
- Build internal teams with skills/interests suited to the needs of the project. Contribute to building consultant teams.
- Define the unique goals and objectives required by the client and project team and the decision-making strategies and success metrics used to validate them.
- Ability to be the main client contact for a project and lead the client process.
- Develop, articulate, define, negotiate, and execute the project scope, fees, and proposals for a wide variety of projects.
- Assist in preparation of contracts and negotiations.
- Prioritize goals, scope, and tasks to meet client needs and use teams effectively.
- Proactively communicate staffing needs and changes with staffing director/studio leaders.
- May lead, organize and execute selected marketing and business development opportunities.
- Proactively work with and support the accounting department regarding project financials including project set up and/ or invoicing and collection efforts for projects.
- Foster team morale, both internal and external while creating a collaborative team environment.
- Provide strong leadership for the project assigned; create and organize work plans for interior design project team. Demonstrate through firm wide leadership by helping other design teams.
- Work with PIC and Studio Leader to Identify and leverage core skills and areas of interest for interiors staff, providing opportunities for growth and development.
- Work with PIC to confirm that project goals are carried out and reinforced through design, technical, and cost decisions, both internally and externally.
- Provide support to ensure project meets office standards for design, documentation, technical performance, Revit, and graphics.
- Work with PIC to manage changes in scope, schedule and fee throughout the project to ensure project success.
- Coordinate scope, schedule and project deliverables with the architectural project manager and team.
- Perform QA/QC.
- Participate in employee review process for team members.
- Participate in updates to standards, processes, and project delivery at SERA.
- Interest and/or engagement in industry groups to develop specialized knowledge.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
- Generally have 8+ years of experience.
- NCIDQ required.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, and Bluebeam required.
- LEED AP Preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Developing knowledge of accounting and project management software.
- Possesses knowledge of the OSSC/ ADAAG and possesses the ability to achieve the intent of the code through variances and appeals.
- Possesses knowledge of drawing and production software (understanding of capabilities, requirements, and impact on project documentation strategy).
- Advanced ability to communicate through verbal, written and graphic communication formats.
- Established knowledge of available tools.
- Established ability to prioritize and evaluate multiple important tasks.
- Established critical thinking to identify strengths, weaknesses or alternate solutions to a problem independently.
- Established professional judgment and decision making processes to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Established leadership skills that motivate and guide teams and projects to desired outcomes.
- Established skills necessary to resolve conflicts within project teams.
- Established ability to negotiate with and/ or advocate for team members, consultants, clients, jurisdictions for the benefit of SERA and the project.
- Strong knowledge of design, construction systems, sustainability, project delivery methodologies (IPD), material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.