Job DescriptionSee More
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you're interested in a long and rewarding career working with the industry's best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a driven and curious client-focused Interior Design Professional to grow with our team.
As an Interior Design Professional on our team in Conshohocken Pennsylvania, you'll be leading small project efforts as well as working with the Senior Interior Designer on larger-scaled projects to develop interior environments that enhance organizational performance and achieve the client's business objectives - utilizing best practices and creative design solutions. You will also be coordinating materials selections with the specifications writer and project architect, as well as maintaining a materials library for products appropriate to Life Sciences buildings. Our current standards of practice will be shared with you as part of the onboarding process.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working directly with clients. Someone who is able to develop and present to the client options for the design of the space, including color and material selection of finishes (electronic / physical samples), as well as furniture layouts for office workspace and amenity areas. Someone who is able to prepare 3D visualization images to facilitate client decision making. A person who is able to take interior design concepts and follow through with the necessary construction documentation, as well as coordinate the associated lighting, electrical and data infrastructure with in-house engineering disciplines - and to work with furniture vendors to support implementation of the fit outs.
Bring your creativity, enthusiastic spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you - so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- Bachelor's degree or higher-level degree from an accredited school of Interior Design or Architecture.
- Minimum of 10 years of applicable professional experience.
- Thorough knowledge of interior design products and associated vendors.
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch-Up, and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency with MS Office, and PowerPoint, and Bluebeam Revu.
- United States Citizen.
- Focus on corporate workplace / life science projects.
- NCIDQ accreditation.
- Familiarity with LEED and / or sustainable strategies.
- Familiarity with 3D Visualization tools such as Enscape Render.
- Excellent graphic presentation skills with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) applications.
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Ability to determine interior design objectives and approaches for project execution.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks in support of multiple ongoing projects running concurrently.
- Ability to coordinate within a multi-disciplinary team structure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to contribute to the development of new ideas, techniques, and standards.
- Experience with the implementation of the project process including programming, space planning, conceptual design, design development, and construction documents.
- Ability to communicate visually and verbally with team members and clients.
- Technical knowledge related to the application and specification of furniture systems, furnishings, and finish materials.
- Experience performing construction administration activities - responding to RFIs, reviewing submittals, preparing field observation reports, and punchlisting.
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Valid through: 6/13/2021