Will be responsible for conceptual development and execution of creative deliverables for HMC clients, using a wide breadth of skills within the Design and Art discipline. The role includes creating and communicating concepts, implementing and developing Design and Art solutions. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, the Project Designer-INT will demonstrate an ability to justify concepts to the clients, consultants, and project team members. Ability to manage one to three employees.
Education: Architectural, Interior Design or Art degree from an accredited university
Experience: Minimum seven (7) years professional art and design experience with professional direct client contact experience or equivalent experience.
Communication and Collaboration
- Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
- Has working knowledge and understanding for use of HMC equipment and software.
- Coordinate with team members and consultants for conflicts and discrepancies.
- Ability to apprise design team and client for status of work.
- Establish productive working relationships, and deal effectively and cooperatively with clients, team members, and consultants.
- Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
- Collaborate with appropriate staff to meet goals and objectives of project.
- Coach, mentor, and provide performance-enhancing feedback of assigned team members.
Supervision and Delegation
- Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants, and vendors.
- Ability to delegate assignments to support staff and always be respectful.
- Support Senior Project Manager –INT and/or PIC in supervision and delegation of work.
- Ability to supervise and give direction to consultants, art and design team members.
- Establish working relationships with artists and/or their representatives whose work strengthens/reflects HMC’s aesthetic values/design principles.
- Primary source for monitoring employee performance on a daily basis and taking the appropriate action to report both positive and negative performance.
- Assist and/or prepare evaluations and meet with their personnel to discuss the evaluation.
- Ability to supervise one to three employees.
- Ability to correspond effectively with Architects for REVIT files and minor directives.
- Ability to correspond effectively with agencies, consultants, and clients.
- Write meeting minutes, instruction bulletins, change orders, RFI responses, and professional correspondence.
- Write RFP’S and negotiate contracts and fees with clients and consultants.
- Prepare furniture specifications, finish schedules, material finish binders and boards, and professional correspondence for self-managed projects.
- Always be professional and respectful in interactions with clients and consultants.
- Participate in marketing interviews and writing marketing proposals.
- Maintain primary contact with client and have excellent follow-through with client to help get repeat work.
- Write and develop project marketing interview materials. Participate in project marketing interview.
- Prepare marketing proposals.