Description INTERFACE CONTROL DOCUMENT LEAD (PEOEIS-17-2140-F):
Bowhead seeks a Mid to Senior level Interface Control Document Lead to join our team at the Washington Navy Yard, DC. The Interface Control Document Lead will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the development and implementation of interfaces for large-scale financial interfaces for business IT systems as well as serve as a member of the Interface Control Working Group (ICWG). This position also serves as a consultant for the coordination and development of critical systems interfaces and for analysis and resolution of interface challenges.
Specific skills and duties include:
• Knowledge of interface processes, technical requirements, and project planning and execution.
• Ensure that the interface management process functions effectively within Navy Enterprise Business Solutions product line project areas - to include interface agreements between Done and teams, clearly defined responsibilities in contracts, and ensuring that interface issues are handled and closed.
• Continually improve and streamline Interface Control Agreement template to include only information necessary to document the exchange of data between Navy systems and the partner system as well as the Navy financial systems audit interface reconciliation requirements.
• Serve as a lead technical interface coordinator, sought after by others, for the management of interface issues within each program office project team.
• Manage more than 50 Interface Control Agreements (ICAs), from creation to final signature by the Program Managers. The ICAs are the agreement with the external system partners to exchange data by electronic means. The ICA consists of requirements for schedule, file reconciliation, file layout(s), volume, delivery means; security information; POCs; operation supportability; test requirements; data archiving and retention.
• Coordinate and chair working group meetings and IPTs with key external stakeholders (partners) on matters relating to interfaces. Conducted with partners at both working and senior levels with DoD/DoN.
Requirements • Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field from an accredited institution is required.
• An additional seven to ten (7-10) years of Navy ERP tier 3 functional supply chain and SAP experience and knowledge is required.
• Experience within the SAP (Material Management, Plant Maintenance, Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, SCM system) functions of SAP.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.