Design, code, test and install interfaces in an effort to develop basic competencies needed to provide integration services, and to hone design and analytical skills.
- Communication Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Configure API's. Perform communication testing. Document outcomes.
- Configure, deploy and maintain server/system/ network infrastructure interfaces with vendors as needed.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Message Router application, HL7, UPMC eRecord Systems and UPMC Corporate Systems.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Design, Development, and Delivery processes. Follow integration department policy and procedures for interface development.
- Document trouble-shoots and corrects intermittent problems. Offer interface solutions where necessary as systems or business processes are upgraded and/or replaced.
- Individual shows signs of being competent to work more independently.
- Interactions with Others Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Interface with vendors for procurement and deployment.
- Maintain integrity and performance of an operating system environment.
- Maintain production change control schedule and supports change control activity.
- Monitor and maintain continuity with system software licensing and maintenance agreements.
- Process service requests, edit tables, translations. Route data as appropriate.
- Procure, configure, deploy, and maintain platform/system/network infrastructure
- Project Management Skills - Works with project manager to define tasks and create team work plans with moderate supervision. Delegates work to others and monitors progress. Identifies issues affecting work progress and recommends solutions. Communicates schedule variances and potential scope changes in status reports. Controls project costs, communicating any project-related expenses and recommends ways to control costs.
- Provide ongoing operational support of enterprise-wide applications, databases, and technology.
- Provide service to ISD client community, patients, families and visitors, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and electronic measures.
- Provide tactical troubleshooting of platform/ system/network hardware and software problems.
- Review vendor interface specifications for ancillary systems. Participate in the development or modification of specifications as directed. Attend and participate in documentation at specification meetings.
- Self-Development Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Test interfaces. Capture test suites of data. Establish communications with the foreign system. Run unit, integrated and volume testing with vendor, application analyst and/or users. Document outcomes.
- Use analytical and programming skills to create or modify configuration/code as assigned.
- Work within the team environment collaboratively, the individual in this position is responsible for achieving necessary expertise to support projects, teams, and ISD initiatives as assigned.
- Write supporting documentation for interface including operations procedures for maintenance of interface and trouble-shooting documentation for support and technical documentation for interface team.
- QualificationsTypically has 2+ years of related work experience.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the fundamental tools and concepts of one of the information technology professional disciplines (i.e., Applications, Business Analysis, Customer Service, Data, Networking, Operations, Security, Systems Engineering, etc.) and applies that understanding to make independent practical contributions to IT work within a particular UPMC department or function.
- Knowledgeable in system hardening techniques as well as user access levels.
- Knowledge of the framework (component, container, server, and underlying services) or similar concepts on other technologies.
- Knowledge of remote method invocation, naming and directory services, framework remote operations and location transparency persistence, threading, caching, resource management, and component lifecycle, and applies these techniques, or similar concepts with assistance.
- Knowledge of software and hardware tools to diagnose problems and factors affecting system performance.
- EMR experience
- Cache/Mumps experience
- Web Services
- Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- HL7 Certification, EPIC Bridges or Cerner Certification Preferred.
- UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $32.48 to $49.43 / hour
Union Position: No