What you’ll be doing...
As an Interconnect/Transport engineer you will be part of a team that works with the latest technology to provide our customers access to our many network components including 5G systems. You will be performing a technical role including end-to-end oversight and project management for multiple transport expansion projects. These initiatives will require a skillset including, router knowledge, dark fiber, and microwave network design.
- Technical support and project management for the design, acquisition, and implementation for all equipment supporting Network infrastructure projects including DWDM and SONET Optical transport systems deployed throughout the Verizon Wireless (VZW) Network or Microwave point-to point or point to multipoint installations.
- Working closely with OEM Vendors, 3rd party dark fiber and lit fiber providers, and internal teams to identify the best Value (quality, time, and cost).
- Managing the vendor selection, contract negotiation, RFP and ongoing relationships.
- Partnering with internal and external fiberproviders to deliver all solutions in a timely manner.
- Maintaining an engineering database for documentation of all-fiber assets, plant, FDP panels, and IRU contract management.
- Handling microwave design/review, regulatory filings as well as implementation management.
- Overseeing the financial aspects of multi-million dollar projects, including establishing business cases, and developing and managing budgets, procurement and bill payments.
- Interfacing constantly with higher levels of the management team across various organizations as part of the process of managing all facets of large, complex infrastructure deployments.
- Regularly working with other group’s forecasts to ensure equipment growth projects meet expectant demands in support of the company’s objectives.
- Handling vendor management responsibilities, including engineering/design, managing budgets, procurement, and complete project management ensuring objectives are met in accordance with stated timelines.
- Location details: Selected candiatecan work out of CT or MA office.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree,or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid drivers license.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, or related field
- Five or more years of experience in the cellular/ telecommunications industry, specifically in Transport Engineering.
- Cisco and/or ALU/Nokia router configuration experience.
- Working knowledge of Optical transport systems.
- CCNA certification.
- Knowledge in CWDM/DWDM Optical Transport systems including: Ciena, Nokia, and Fujitsu.
- Working knowledge and experience with SevOne traffic data collection system or another traffic statistics reporting package.
- Experience troubleshooting, problem solving, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and apply working knowledge of wireless engineering on new projects.
- Ability to be self-motivated, show initiative, and capability to work independently.
- Experience in two or more of the following platforms and/or technologies: DWDM Optical Transport systems including: Ciena 6500 and Fujitsu 9500, ALU/Nokia 7705 & 7750 routers. Nokia IXR routers. Cisco 920, 903, 5501, 540 routers, Micro Semi Edge Grand Mater experience, PSTN traffic engineering including E911 and SS7, Digital Communications including: Fiber and Ethernet, Wireless voice and data service including: EVDO, CDMA, and LTE.