Job DescriptionSage is looking for a rockstar Senior Intercompany accountant to join our team in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
This role leads one of the record to report teams in the NA Finance Operations function. The role manages the operational accounting and reporting processes and ensures timely and accurate processing of operational accounting, period close and reporting. The role inputs to continuous improvement initiatives for the team.
Based in Lawrenceville, GA, the successful candidate will be experienced in leading a record to report team in a Finance Operations environment Key ResponsibilitiesKey Accountabilities:
• Timely and accurate posting of general ledger journal entries, period close activities, fixed asset accounting, intercompany, production of financial reports, VAT returns
• Processing, master data maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Planning and prioritizing own workload and ensure deadlines are achieved.
• Being involved in learning and development activities, including setting a personal development plan.
• Adopting the service culture and customer service orientation in the team.
• Working with other teams in finance and the business to resolve issues.
• Inputting to continuous improvement initiatives with the team.
• Operating within Sage internal compliance guidance.
• Ensuring that all regulatory compliance including accounting standards and tax legislation are adhered to.
• Active participation in process improvement projects as per the Sage continuous improvement culture.
• Contribution to the reporting, understanding and action plans around team KPIs and process controls as per Service Management Framework.
• Contributing to working processes being documented, standardized, modified in a controlled manner, waste eliminated and the value stream map for the area updated.
• Keeping abreast of industry and company trends to keep up to date with future market developments.
• 5+ years of Operational accounting and reporting experience, preferably in a technology environment
• Experience in a service oriented culture including working within SLAs
• Experience in working in a changing environment
• Preferably ERP experience
• Accounting degree or similarly recognized accounting qualification
• CPA Preferred