Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The intercompany Accountant will be responsible for managing PayPal’s FBO intercompany accounting and close processes to ensure proper accounting and compliance.
The intercompany accountant will be responsible for managing PayPal’s FBO intercompany accounting and close processes to ensure proper accounting and compliance.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Running daily close processes for PayPal’s FBO entities including daily SAP close activities (revaluation and intercompany clearing) and monitoring for SAP job failures.
- Prepare daily analysis of foreign exchange gains and losses based on results from SAP ECC revaluation job including daily readout of foreign exchange gains and losses by FBO entities to Treasury. Investigate drivers for foreign exchange gains and losses based on daily FX analysis.
- Prepare daily clearing and reconciliation of FX trade receivable/payable.
- Work closely with Treasury to facilitate FBO intercompany settlements and ensure settlements and clearing are booked to SAP timely.
- Prepare reconciliation of FBO intercompany on a weekly basis and investigate any anomalies in the intercompany balances (i.e., significant day over day changes) to supportTreasury IC settlement.
- Prepare month-end close journal entries as needed in compliance with SOX JE policies.
- Work with Treasury on providing upstream calculation and settlement of upstream positions.
- Prepare Balance Sheet Hedge settlement and clearing on a monthly basis.
- Support BMG intercompany settlement and ensure balances have settled and cleared on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet flux analyses for FBO related balance sheet line items
- Review FX Override Report (Day -1 and Day +2)
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and initiate account clean-up or write-off for any account items outstanding greater than 180 days.
- Help to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives related to various the intercompany or close processes, including automation, data gathering, reconciliation and other value added analysis.
Candidates for this position should have bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Candidates should also possess the following:
- 5+ years accounting experience in industry, experience in a multinational/multi-entity environment a plus
- Possess an intellectual curiosity to ask questions to understand the “why” and piece together the “bigger picture”.
- Strong analytical research and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support global nature of our processes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (particularly Excel; Pivot tables, VLOOKup, etc)
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively and professionally with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP BW and SAP ECC a plus)
- Strong understanding of internal controls, compliance and SOX
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.