Imagine new horizons...
SIMULIA, the Dassault Systèmes brand for Realistic Simulation, has openings for an Interactive Products Engineer at its Johnston, Rhode Island, headquarters.
Do you want to be inspired and enjoy coming to work? At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and build the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE!
What will your role be?
This is a challenging position for engineers interested in applying their geometric modeling, meshing and programming knowledge to solve real world problems. The work involves a collaborative effort with engineers and technologists at our regional offices and customer sites, as well as with our development, sales, and product management teams, to deliver robust interactive solutions. Other responsibilities include advanced level testing and documentation of development projects. You may also prepare and teach advanced Abaqus classes at headquarters, regional offices, or customer sites.
The challenges ahead
Our customers include some of the leading companies (both large and small) in the application offinite element analysis to engineering problems in all industries, from aerospace and automotive to electronics, biomechanics, civil engineering and many other industries. Our ideal candidate will be flexible and enthusiastic about dealing with a wide variety of customers and engineering applications. You will provide advanced technical advice on using the SIMULIA interactive products such as Abaqus/CAE: the pre- and post-processing component of the Abaqus product suite; Abaqus for CATIA V5 and the other simulation products based on CATIA V5 as well as simulation products in Dassault Systemes’ 3DEXPERIENCE suite. You will also develop custom applications and scripts within the Abaqus/CAE customization environment using Python and C++ and the3DEXPERIENCE environment using VB scripting and Python.
Your key sucess factors
- Master’s degree in engineering with finite element knowledge and usage experience
- Knowledge of 3D geometric modeling techniques and standards (e.g. ACIS, STEP, IGES, etc).
- Experience with CAD packages (SolidWorks, Pro/E, UGS) is desired.
- Knowledge of Finite Element preprocessing techniques is desired.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Experience with Python, C++, and VB is valuable.
- GUI development experience is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential for this position.
- Knowledge of the Abaqus product suite, CATIA, and 3DEXPERIENCE is a plus.